The Fourth of July holiday is upon us and I’m needing a quick and easy dessert recipe! We’re in the middle of a crazy summer and closing on our new home this week while making sure our current house stays clean for showings. Yes, an easy and delicious Fourth of July themed dessert is exactly what we need!
I pulled out this Easy Berry Trifle recipe from last summer and it is just as good as I remember. My kids love working together to make this Easy Berry Trifle and because it’s a no-bake dessert, the oven stays off and the kitchen stays cool.
The basics of this dessert are a pre-made cake (we used Sara Lee pound cake, but you could make vanilla boxed or homemade cake if you’d prefer!), strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and a cream cheese mixture. Layer each of the pieces and you’re done! It’s really that easy.
Here is the full recipe for our Easy Berry Trifle!
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 16 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 12 oz Cool Whip
- 1 pound cake or pre-made boxed cake
- 2 pints blueberries
- 2 pints strawberries
- 2 pints raspberries
- Trifle dish
- Make the filling by blending sugar, cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, almond extract, and cool whip. Add water or a bit more heavy cream if needed to thin out the cream. You want it to be pudding consistency.
- Cut up the cake into 1-inch chunks.
- Wash berries and cut up strawberries if desired.
- Layer cake to cover the bottom of the trifle. Add a layer of cream and then a layer of berries.
- Repeat layers (cake, cream, berries) until the trifle is filled.
- Chill for an hour or more. The trifle gets better and better as it sits in the fridge so it can also be made the day before you want to serve it!
So so good. This is a BERRY good Fourth of July dessert! Are you making something fun and festive this week? Any favorite dessert recipes you want to share? I’d love to hear!