Are you looking for an easy and delicious dessert for the summer? This Easy Berry Trifle is a favorite around our house. In fact, it’s a favorite around our neighborhood too.
The last time we made it we took leftovers over to our neighbors. My friend called me the next day and asked me never to make this trifle again because they were devouring it for breakfast.
This is a no-bake dessert! Wonderful for those seasons when you want the oven off so the kitchen can stay cool.
The basics of this dessert are a pre-made cake (we used Sara Lee pound cake, but you could make a vanilla boxed cake if you’d prefer!), strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and a cream cheese mixture. Layer each of the pieces and you’re done! It’s really that easy.
Start by making the cream cheese mixture (recipe below). You could also use vanilla pudding or your favorite creamy filling. Then cut your cake into chunks! Now it’s time to layer. Start with cake, then filling, then berries, and repeat until the trifle is filled to the brim! Let it chill in the fridge for a bit (if you can!) or this can be made the day before. Serve in bowls and enjoy!
Now for the full recipe for our Easy Berry Trifle, the best summer fruit dessert recipe!
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 16 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 12 oz Cool Whip
- 1 pound cake or pre-made boxed cake
- 2 pints blueberries
- 2 pints strawberries
- 2 pints raspberries
- Trifle dish
- Make the filling by blending sugar, cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, almond extract, and cool whip. Add water or a bit more heavy cream if needed to thin out the cream. You want it to be pudding consistency.
- Cut up the cake into 1-inch chunks.
- Wash berries and cut up strawberries if desired.
- Layer cake to cover the bottom of the trifle. Add a layer of cream and then a layer of berries.
- Repeat layers (cake, cream, berries) until the trifle is filled.
- Chill for an hour or more. The trifle gets better and better as it sits in the fridge so it can also be made the day before you want to serve it!
Two other yummy summer desserts you might try are these Homemade Popsicles and this Easy S’mores Skillet! Add all the ingredients to your Weekly Meal Plan & Grocery List and then get ready for a delicious summer treat!