But what a difference a year makes! A couple of months ago, I found some pocket change and started doing the research to get tabs developed. When I stepped into my house yesterday, the box of new tabs was sitting by the door. Excited, I tore into it, only to discover that the printer had made a mistake on paper weight. Hundreds of packages of tabs were sitting in front of me, lovely, and functional, but simply not the way I had pictured them. The tabs “popped in” to my Day Designer, an after-market accessory, just like I had imagined, but the paper weight wasn’t my ideal.
- Take a picture of your Day Designer and post it to Twitter or Instagram. Tell us what you LOVE about your Day Designer, and use the hashtags #DayDesigner and #SendMeTabs!
- After you’ve posted and hashtagged your picture, send an email to email@example.com, with the subject title Send Me Tabs! Include your full name, and mailing address, as well as your Instagram or Twitter handle where you posted the picture.
We will be taking orders for FREE tab sets through November 30, 2013 OR WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. This is a thank you to those of you who have let me know that you love your Day Designer so very much. I’m beyond grateful. We don’t have a lot of these, so be sure to act quickly. When they’re gone, they’re gone. I’m already back to the development drawing board on tab options.
A few more housekeeping items, while I’m here:
- We are almost sold out of gold striped Day Designers! If you wanted the gold stripe version, order today!
- This is the last week to order the monogrammed styles! We only have a few monogram styles left, so if you’re interested in this version, please be sure to get your order in before next Thursday.
- Shipping time for Day Designers has decreased from 6-8 weeks to 3-4 weeks. I’m continuing to work on getting shipping times down, but I’m doing it in a very strategic fashion. Having run a production business for over a decade, I want to make sure that the systems and processes we’re putting in place are sustainable!
- The next Day Designer worksheets webinar is open for registration!
If you’re new to the blog and have never heard about the Day Designer, you can check it out in the Etsy shop! There are also a few new repeating texture downloads I’ve added for my graphic designer and branding friends!
Seriously, ya’ll, thanks for everything. You have no idea how grateful I really am.
Lots of love,
I am SO excited to hear that you’re working on tab development and giving away some for FREE! Even though its not 2014 yet, I have begun working with the worksheets to think through 2014 and all I hope to accomplish and LOVE the layout of the Day Designer – SO functional! Thank you for your work in helping all of us lead more organized lives!
TABS! I totally want a set of free tabs!! Of course, I would absolutely pay for the tabs, too, so I’m excited that you have those in the works. But these sound fabulous. Sign me up!!
Whitney, what a great post. I love the lesson that just because something isn’t our idea of perfect doesn’t mean it’s not useful and on track for purpose. I sometimes get caught up in the perfectionism of things and am working on changing that, so your post was a very timely reminder!
I literally just received my day designer today, and was lucky enough to snag one of the gold ones. I’ve signed up for the webinar, so I look forward to creative world domination in 2014!
I loved the webinar yesterday and am super excited to get TABS! Not sure how I get them. Free or $$$, either way I want them!!!
Seriously the best tool ever! Cannot wait to have the option at tabs!!!!!!!
I ordered my day designer today and am so, so, so excited. I’ve wanted one all year!! Do I need to do anything to have the tabs added, or are they automatically included?
I just saw one of your Day Designers with tabs from a colleague. This is exactly what I have been looking for over 30 years. Is it too late to order and receive the tabs? If so, I will wait until you have a planner with tabs. Please let me know and I will be happy to purchase them to accompany the Day Designer for 2014. Thank you for consideration.