Up next, in the not-sure-we-should-call-them-life-skills segment of this programming, I’m going to attempt to repair this antique cheese stand:
It arrived in the mail last Saturday night, and was a piece I was truly excited to add to my collection. After I managed my disappointment, I watched some youtube videos, ordered all the recommended supplies, and then started with the dry run, shown here. The videos recommended I tape it all together before attempting to glue.
Repairing ceramics is apparently time-consuming. The glue arrived on Sunday, and I spent an hour gluing it together. The glue package says it needs a full 80 hours to cure, so I’ve got a few days before II pull off the tape and carefully scrape off any excess glue.
The next step will be filling in some of the smaller chunks with a product called Milliput. From there, I’ll attempt to sand with very fine sandpaper, and then I may attempt to repair the paint and add a coat of glaze.
We’ll see how this goes!