It’s August which means most of us with little (school-aged) ones are in the thick of back-to-school season! If you have kiddos you know this season can get hectic.
There are supplies to buy, backpacks and tools to check, things to clean out, and so much more! As a busy working mama, it can also be hard to give up those last bits of summer. You’re tired and maybe a little eager for your kids to get back into the school routine, but the end of summer is also bittersweet.
We created a back-to-school prep list and made it free for you to download! It’s a great spot to track all the to-dos and tasks you need to check off before school starts. Plus, some helpful tips to keep you organized this school year and the cutest template for teacher notes!
If you’re a parent or caregiver navigating this back-to-school season, here are a few helpful tips to get and stay organized for the academic year!
- Grab your child a Kids Planner and using the school’s posted calendar, help your child fill in important dates! Talk with them about how to best use their new planner for the upcoming school year, encouraging them to try new ways to plan.
- Write out your child’s schedule for the first few weeks of school to help them learn their new routine. We have a few free printables that work great here! The Week on One Page free download is great for planning out any after school activites and specials such as art class or sports. The Day on One Page free download is great to help them visualize the start and end of each class period and help track their day.
- Hide $5 in your kiddo’s backpack for emergencies and a small notecard with your address and phone number in a small pocket inside their backpack or their toiletry bag.
- Tuck a small, compact umbrella or travel ponco to your child’s backpack if there’s room!
- Use a calendar or notepad (this one would work great!) to fill in school lunches and decide which days to buy or pack lunch. Create a list of lunch ideas so each week you can fill in a meal plan with lunches from the list.
How are you getting ready for back-to-school? Share below, we can all use helpful tips!