It’s August which means most of us with little (school-aged) ones are in the thick of back-to-school season! If you have kiddos you know this season can get hectic.
There are supplies to buy, backpacks and tools to check, things to clean out, and so much more! As a busy working mama, it can also be hard to give up those last bits of summer. You’re tired and maybe a little eager for your kids to get back into the school routine, but the end of summer is also bittersweet.
We created a back-to-school prep list to make these last few days of summer a little smoother for you, and it’s available now in our printable shop! It’s a great spot to track all the to-dos and tasks you need to check off before school starts. Plus, it includes some helpful tips to keep you organized this school year and the cutest template for teacher notes!
If you’re a parent or caregiver navigating this back-to-school season, here are a few helpful tips to get and stay organized for the academic year!
- Go ahead and print out the school calendar. Go over important dates with your child, and add relevant dates to your planner, the family calendar, and even your child’s very own calendar!
- Write out your child’s schedule for the first few weeks of school to help them learn their new routine. We have a few printables that work great here! The Week on One Page download is great for planning out any after-school activities and specials such as art classes or sports. The Day on One Page download is great to help them visualize the start and end of each class period and help track their day.
- Hide $5 in your kiddo’s backpack for emergencies and a small notecard with your address and phone number in a small pocket inside their backpack or their toiletry bag.
- Tuck a small, compact umbrella or travel poncho into your child’s backpack if there’s room!
- Use a calendar or notepad (this one would work great!) to fill in school lunches and decide which days to buy or pack lunch. Create a list of lunch ideas so each week you can fill in a meal plan with lunches from the list.
How are you getting ready for back-to-school? Share below, we can all use helpful tips!