The weather is turning colder in Oklahoma. We don’t get a very long fall season around here. Our weather goes from cold to tornado weather, to REALLY hot for a long time, to a little bit chilly, then back to cold. And the cycle starts over again!
And yet, I love the change of seasons. Fall brings a special routine and rhythm around our house. The kids have settled into their school schedules. David and I are busy with home projects — I can’t wait to show you more updates as I continue to organize the Paris Warehouse! We’re ramping up for a busy holiday season with Whitney English Collections and our space in Mockingbird Manor.
Fall is a magical season! Don’t you agree?
Our team loves printable checklists at the beginning of a new season! This is the perfect time to print out our ultimate fall checklist! Use this printable PDF to get your home organized and prepared for the next season. It’s full of reminders about garden tending, seasonal house tips, and ways to think ahead. I’m printing out the checklist and running through all the to-dos!
Here’s a list of the fun and not-so-fun but necessary things to do for yourself, your family, and your home this season.
- Make a family fall bucket list
- Bake something yummy
- Visit a pumpkin patch
- Book a photoshoot for holiday cards
- & Gather addresses for those cards!
- Decide on Halloween costumes
- Switch out your seasonal clothes
- Purge and clean out your drawers and closets
- Donate outgrown clothes, toys and books
- Stock-up on the seasonal necessities: s’more supplies, leaf bags, cold medicine
- Deep clean rooms – it’s a pain, but you’ll be so happy this is done!
- Fall Home Maintenance – we have a whole blog post on this topic for you!
- Reverse indoor fans
- Schedule HVAC maintenance
- Drain outdoor faucet and turn off water
- Order bulbs to plant and force indoors
- Prepare garden beds for winter!
- Start thinking about holiday plans & make travel arrangements
Grab the Fall Checklist Printable and start checking things off right away! What are your must-dos this fall? Share below. We’d love to hear!