Have you ever been in a meeting or on a call and jotted down important notes in your planner? Do you ever record important phone numbers or figures you might need again? Is your planner full of notations or inscriptions you might want in the future?
My planner is full of information I want to keep and reference for years to come! That’s why INDEXING your planner is so important.
I’ve talked before about ways to use your planner more efficiently here. One of the best ways I have to found to use my planner now and in the future is to index my notes and lists!
Every Whitney English Week on One Page planner includes an index section in the back. This is a great spot to use the page numbers and catalog important information you have throughout the book. Keep segmented index lists for house projects, school information for your kids, work assignments, and more!
Here are just a few ways I use the index section in my weekly planner!
- Passwords (coded, in case someone were to find my planner!)
- Important phone numbers and quick contacts I don’t necessarily need to include in my phone contacts
- Progress on home projects
- Gift ideas for the holidays, birthdays or other celebrations
- Hour tracking for work projects
- Things that worked or didn’t work to reference during monthly or quarterly goal check-in sessions
- Important dates or milestones to add to a subsequent calendar!
- Business ideas
What are you indexing in your planner? What information is a must keep for you?