Today I’m excited for you to get to know my friend and A Plan For Health brand partner, Johna Jenkins! Johna is a wife, mother, nurse practitioner, and health advocate. We met a few years ago and began dreaming up a way to collaborate!
Through her own journey to wellness, Johna saw a big need that needed to be filled. You can learn more about Johna’s personal story and why we decided to team up here. We’re combining our passions: her medical expertise plus my organizing and planning experience to empower you to be your own health advocate. For the last six months, we’ve been working on tools to help you navigate your way to your best health. Our mission is to provide resources for those who were healthy, those investigating and trying to narrow down a diagnosis, and those in the midst of a diagnosis.
Over the last few weeks, we’ve released two free resources to encourage, empower, and educate you on becoming your own best health advocate! If you haven’t already, check out the Daily Wellness Tracker, and the Healthcare Visits printable now!
I also wanted you to get to know Johna, my brilliant friend, a bit more! I invited her to share five fun facts about herself:
- I love lighthouses. I’ve visited over 200 lighthouses and still counting.
- I was named after my late grandfather, John.
- After working as a Registered Nurse for a while, I strayed from nursing and got a marketing degree, only to realize my love for nursing was too strong. I went back to graduate school to become a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- I love makeup, trying new products, and especially checking out all of the clean makeup that is coming out now.
- I got married on April Fool’s Day. This year my husband and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary.
How cute are Johna and her family? I’m so excited for you to get to know her more in the coming months! If you haven’t already downloaded our free A Plan for Health resources, click here to do that now and stay tuned for much more from Johna and me!