Self-Care in 2022
As we approach Valentine’s Day, I’m thinking a lot about self-care in 2022. What does self-care even mean? It’s been discussed and debated and co-opted by brands trying to sell you things (Hi, we’ve definitely done this too!).
Has self-care lost all its meaning?
Or, more likely, do we need to do a better job of defining self-care for ourselves individually? Ultimately self-care has to be about your mental, emotional, and physical health. How you go about addressing each of those is certainly going to differ from person to person.
We talk a lot about wellness here on the blog, along with planning and organization — all of which are ways I practice self-care. Today I wanted to curate a list of our best self-care practices and resources.
This list is by no means exhaustive. And these practices or tips might not work for you. Ultimately I hope you take some time this Valentine’s Day to figure out what type of self-care you need. Then get out a pen and your planner and schedule time on your calendar!
February is a time to show the people we love how much they mean to us. Ourselves included.
From cooking healthy meals and staying organized to splurging on treats and dealing with the messy middle, there is no wrong way to practice self-care. This is a curated list of some of our favorite forms of self-care.
- Advice from our resident nurse practitioner on how to create healthy habits
- Here are some of Whitney’s favorite past self-care purchases
- Are you a caregiver? Here are some tools (many of which are free) that help manage your role
- Really great week-night meal ideas
- Send a few love notes to your favorite people
- Self-care in the messy middle of life
- 5 Questions to ask yourself when your schedule feels out of control
- Whitney’s best-ever muffin recipe — sometimes you just need carbs!
How are you practicing self-care this year? We’d love to hear! Share below or post a photo and tag us on Instagram @whitneyenglish.